Thanks for your interest in volunteering! Our volunteer needs are ongoing and varied. Helpline volunteers answer phones, assist clients, manage the clothing bank, help with communication, serve on our board and assist with special events. Whether you are responding to one of our special opportunities or just generally, please complete a Volunteer Application, below, and we’ll contact you. For more information call: 206-282-1540.
SPECIAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- COLLECT THANKSGIVING GROCERIES FOR SENIORS. We are collecting nonperishable food items to include in Thanksgiving grocery bags we deliver to low income seniors in our area. For a list of the specific items and to learn more about this opportunity, please visit our Services page.
- WEEKEND FOOD FOR KIDS DRIVER. We are seeking a volunteer driver who can pick up and deliver boxes of food every other week. Starting November 13, we need someone who has a car that will fit approximately 3-4 boxes and a cooler of food to pick up the load from the Ballard Food Bank and deliver it to the Queen Anne Presbyterian Church (must be able to lift the boxes/cooler). This would be an every-other-Thursday assignment; pick up to take place sometime after 10am. The total time commitment on these days is an hour or less.
- WEBSITE MAINTENANCE. We are looking for someone with WordPress expertise to help maintain our website. This is an ongoing but sporadic need with varying weekly time commitments.
- SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR. In this fun opportunity you’ll help with regular Facebook posts, tweets, and linkedin updates. Will include taking photos and researching news and other media for relevant links.
- GRAPHIC DESIGN/PRODUCTION HELP. Familiarity with Publisher and possibly Adobe Illustrator to assist us with updating print and other material on an as needed basis.
Volunteer Application Form
Fields marked with are required.